OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Elden Ring Delayed  (Read 4359 times)

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
Elden Ring Delayed
« on: October 20, 2021, 11:14:17 am »

FromSoftware's open-world Dark Souls successor gets a technical test and a new release date.

February 2022 was already packed full of big game releases. Now FromSoftware has added another to the list, delaying Elden Ring a month from its original January 21, 2022 release date. In the meantime, the game will get a player demo next month as grainy in-development footage continues to leak online.

Elden Ring, the open-world successor to the Dark Souls series, will now come out on February 25, 2022 to give FromSoftware more time to work on it. “[T]he depth & strategic freedom of the game exceeded initial expectations,” the studio announced on Twitter today. In November, it will host a Closed Network Test showing select players the “opening hours” of the full game.

After being announced at E3 2019, Elden Ring went quiet for a while, making fans desperate for more info as some worried that the game’s development may have hit a brick wall. Lots of leaked footage and rumored delays later, FromSoftware announced a January 2022 release date at this year’s Summer Game Fest.

Unlike previous FromSoftware games, Elden Ring will take place in an expansive world with dungeons peppered throughout. The game will even have an overworld map complete with waypoints. This larger scope, along with the game’s slowburn marketing rollout, have amped up fan expectations, and also worried some about what the end product will be.

Over the weekend, ugly footage of the game leaked online again. While fans went through it with a fine-toothed comb, identifying locations and gameplay nuances, the apparent leaker was also quick to try and assuage concerns about the graphical quality, claiming it was from an Xbox One version of the game, and had been compressed due to the capture methods.

Fortunately, some players won’t have to wait much longer to finally get a taste of the game for themselves. The Closed Network Test is planned for November 12 through 14 in the Americas on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. Those who want a chance to get into the test can register at the game’s website. https://www.eldenring.com/cnt

Offline Casey

• VIP Member
Re: Elden Ring Delayed
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 12:14:44 am »
I hope they have delayed it to patch in an easy mode just to annoy the 'git gud' massive!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline Casey

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 02:25:03 pm »

15 min gameplay tomorrow 4th November.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/11/fromsoftware-to-share-15-minutes-of-elden-ring-gameplay-tomorrow

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 07:47:40 pm »

Offline Casey

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 09:03:28 pm »
I did sign up for the play test next week, but haven't heard if I'm in yet.

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 11:21:00 am »
I did sign up for the play test next week, but haven't heard if I'm in yet.

:+1
Me too I signed up for the closed network test as well, but I'll be happy with the 15 minutes of gameplay that they will show today at 2pm UK/GMT, on https://fcld.ly/er_preview and https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

Offline Casey

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 12:54:20 pm »
Triple whammy deal for Elden Ring pre orders today only 24th November. £39.95 from The online retailer The Game Collection