OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition including the F/A-18 Hornet  (Read 5711 times)

Offline Curried-Cat

• Global Moderator
  • OldG Legend
  • What? Where am I?
  • Origin ID: Curried_Kat
  • Steam Tag: Curried-Cat
  • XBL GamerTag: CurriedCat
  • Uplay ID: CurriedCat
Out now and replaces the standard version (i.e. it's free)

Available now! We are thrilled to release the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition as a "thank you" to our fans who have made the sim such a phenomenon. The Game of the Year Edition is enhanced with 5 brand new aircraft and 8 additional handcrafted airports, new missions, tutorials, features, photogrammetry cities, and includes all of the content updates released since launch in 2020.

The GOTY Edition is a free update for owners of Microsoft Flight Simulator, and is included in Xbox Game Pass on PC and Xbox Series X|S. Also available on the Microsoft Store and Steam. The sky is calling!

« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 09:15:35 am by Curried-Cat »

Offline BlueBaron

• Grumpy Old Git Club
  • PSN GamerTag: BlueBaron777
  • XBL GamerTag: BlueBaron777
Fly DCS: World:- F/A 18 Hornet   8) As flown by real Hornet pilots.

Offline Curried-Cat

• Global Moderator
  • OldG Legend
  • What? Where am I?
  • Origin ID: Curried_Kat
  • Steam Tag: Curried-Cat
  • XBL GamerTag: CurriedCat
  • Uplay ID: CurriedCat
The F/A-18 on MSFS is part of the Tipgun tie in but as that's being put back they released this plane.

I've been watching a few videos of DCS ,looks interesting if a bit hardcore.

Offline BlueBaron

• Grumpy Old Git Club
  • PSN GamerTag: BlueBaron777
  • XBL GamerTag: BlueBaron777
The F/A-18 on MSFS is part of the Tipgun tie in but as that's being put back they released this plane.

I've been watching a few videos of DCS ,looks interesting if a bit hardcore.

Yes and no. It is life like and used by real pilots but it is fun. Just learning weapon systems and stuff is fun. Planes are not that hard to fly compared to WWII planes. Russian planes are quite straight forward.

Learn at your own pace with training missions and full on campaigns or PVE or PVP servers.

It is quite rewarding knowing you can't just jump into something and fly it.

There are two types of planes 1) Simple Systems and 2) Full Fidelity.

They are 4 types of flight models but the Simple System planes can still have realistic flight models. It is only mod planes that have Simple Flight models and AI.

It's Free you get two planes and there are another 3 Free planes worth having A4 Skyhawk, MB-339 & VNAO T-45 Goshawk.

But the SU-25T which comes free with download is one of my favourite planes, it is Simple System meaning non clickable cockpit but they is plenty to learn and training missions.

I also have about half a dozen modules and planes. But The Flaming Cliffs 3, Module give you simple cockpit realistic flight model planes and it's cheap and great value for money.

You get A-10A Tank Buster, Mig-29 (3 variants) F-15, Su-25, Su-27, SU-33 & J-10.

But if you get into it the planes are very real and the flying realistic.

In fact it's the only thing I've experienced that comes close to The Star Wars movie where Luke runs the trench on the Death Star. I been on a mission with other pilots attack an airfield with AAA firing at us and enemy AI planes attacking us and it makes your heart race and is an adrenaline buzz.

Also I have had my SU-25T nose blown off and losing many systems but still making it back but using instruments because no electronic HUD available. All challenging and fun.

Training missions will get you up in the air in 10 minutes.

If you buy a Plane Module then that plane will come with Training Missions and a Campaign plus some also come with Qualifications Missions, F/A 18 being one of them. In fact the F/A 18 is the most in-depth of my planes with training and missions.

Each plane also comes with a manual plus there are User made manuals that in some ways are better plus Youtube is full of videos for every aspect of a plane you might fly.

Sometimes I create my own training flights with the mission editor and go flying for an hour with no pressure other than to fine tune a skill I've just learned.