Member Archives > Resident Evil 7

Resident Evil celebrates its 20th anniversary

(1/3) > >>

nad2dare:
The Resident Evil series turns 20 years old.  Capcom's survival horror franchise began with the Japanese launch of Resident Evil for PlayStation on 22nd March 1996.

A huge success, the game reached European shores five months later and the act of opening doors in a video game would never be the same again.

Resident Evil has since spawned half a dozen sequels, a remake, a prequel and countless spin-offs. It has inspired a successful (if rather B-movie) film franchise, a series of CG films, plus books and clothing (who doesn't love Leon's Resi 4 coat?).

But what of the future, and of the inevitable Resident Evil 7?

It has been three years since the launch of Resident Evil 6, the series' last numbered release which earned itself fair-to-middling reviews. And while episodic spin-off Revelations 2 was enjoyable enough, fans are hoping that this anniversary year holds an announcement of the next big Resident Evil game - one that can secure the series' future for another 20 years.

sharkbiscuit79:
Capcom have already announced that all they will be doing is HD remasters for the forseeable future so Resi 7 is nothing but a fans dream.

Resi 2 is in my top 5 games of all time along with Resi 4. I'm thinking of picking up the 1st one as I never really played that much if at all.

Expired One:
I only play res when resident evil zero came out on cube and loved it along with rest of cube red release but over played resident evil 5 to point I sick of it trying to get them dam achievements.

Polymorph 1971:
Loved the resi series up-to resi 4, hated that one. Tried 5 and that was me done with it

Expired One:

--- Quote from: Polymorph 1971 on March 23, 2016, 03:09:32 pm ---Loved the resi series up-to resi 4, hated that one. Tried 5 and that was me done with it

--- End quote ---

Yea it went from survival horror to action horror and turned a lot of people off the series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version