OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Resident Evil 7 nearly 10% of players are PSVR users  (Read 630 times)

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
Resident Evil 7 nearly 10% of players are PSVR users
« on: January 30, 2017, 06:25:20 pm »

Over 87,000 players around the world have played Resident Evil 7 in VR, Capcom has revealed. That's according to new figures released on ResidentEvil.Net, detailing the game's global statistics.

As of January 30th, 87,196 players have opted to play Resident Evil 7 in virtual reality, making up 9.48 per cent of its global player base. So far, 920,041 players have tried the game around the world, but that figure includes Xbox One and PC users in addition to PS4 users, making the total of VR users all the more impressive.

Capcom has yet to state what percentage of PS4 owners have tried the game in VR, but if nearly 10 per cent of all players have tried it in VR, then it would appear that the proportion of PSVR users would be quite high.

It certainly paints a positive picture for Sony's fledgling virtual reality headset, and it shows players clearly have an appetite for full-blown, triple-A titles on the PSVR.

The global stats page also reveals some other interesting information regarding the types of choices players have made over the course of the game, as well as the total number of enemy kills (over 31.7m, in case you were wondering) and which body part players destroyed to defeat them.

Last week, Capcom announced that it had shipped 2.5m units of Resident Evil 7, and that the series has a whole had sold over 75m units. While Capcom has yet to confirm Day One sales figures, Capcom was hoping for 4m units worldwide.

In the UK, Resident Evil 7 went in straight at No.1 in the weekly charts, dethroning Grand Theft Auto V

Offline BlueBaron

• Grumpy Old Git Club
  • PSN GamerTag: BlueBaron777
  • XBL GamerTag: BlueBaron777
Re: Resident Evil 7 nearly 10% of players are PSVR users
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 10:20:25 pm »
I will buy the game soon for VR. But I want to know if PS4 Pro has better VR graphics.

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:15:24 pm »
I will buy the game soon for VR. But I want to know if PS4 Pro has better VR graphics.
It only has a resolution boost 2240x1260 for ps4 pro, otherwise it the same as the standard ps4 console. 

Also ps4 version has better graphic textures and run's at a native 1080p resolution and stays locked at 60fps, unlike xb1 which can drops to 50fps in the action scene.

Offline BlueBaron

• Grumpy Old Git Club
  • PSN GamerTag: BlueBaron777
  • XBL GamerTag: BlueBaron777
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 04:54:45 pm »
I was referring to PSVR, some (very few) PSVR games have a graphics upgrade.

I will get my answer soon, a VR youtube channel will test the difference this week.