OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Grand Turismo The Best Driving Experience On Console With Joypad  (Read 1584 times)

Offline BlueBaron

• Grumpy Old Git Club
  • PSN GamerTag: BlueBaron777
  • XBL GamerTag: BlueBaron777
Grand Turismo The Best Driving Experience On Console With Joypad
« on: December 28, 2017, 09:00:25 am »
I got a PS4 Pro and Grand Turismo Sport. Visually the game looks nice.

But the actual driving experiance with tilting the joypad left abd right like a steering wheel is calibrated perfectly. This is far more precise than any joystick could possibly be. You can actually drive like a real car. Also the driving physics feel right. I tried a dirt track with a front wheel drive car and that seem very realistic too.

I will add that you can't beat a steering wheel and pedals but this is a good compromise. Forza with wheel and pedals I'm sure it's a totally diffetent experiance.

The main reason I dislike Forza is because of the steering controls.

Also the online racing is by far the best I've experienced. I might add I've only drove three races in the lowest level but it felt somewhere near iRacing on the PC which is the benchmark Ijudge all racing experiences on.

Racing against randoms online is always an issue, Forza for me doesn't address this issue and it's abit of a free-for-all in my experience. GT tries to address this issue from what I've read, I can't say I know much about it other than the two videos you watch before you race online. But the standard of racing in my first few races seemed very good for the class level.

They is in reality not much you can do about people intent on wrecking, other then booting them from a race. iRacing even with its official real world racing body can't be watching live at every race if they ever do watch a race. But do have an appeal system that works like a real world counterpart. But even iRacing have changed the incident system in race to stop wreckers that still managed to get to the lowest races on trail accounts.

But overall I've always had better driving experiances with GT in the past because the controls were more user friendly.

I will see how things progress in GT and if I come across some negatives I will post about them.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:28:40 am by BlueBaron »

Offline Uncle Orbius

• Site Administrator
  • OldG Ambassador
  • Inner Peace.... you goin' down
  • Origin ID: Uncle_Orbius
  • PSN GamerTag: uncle-orbius
  • Steam Tag: Uncle_Orbius
  • Twitch ID: UncleOrbius
  • XBL GamerTag: Uncle Orbius
  • Discord Name: Uncle Orbius#9550
Re: Grand Turismo The Best Driving Experience On Console With Joypad
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:31:10 am »
I agree with almost everything you said in your post Baron :)

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 11:34:54 am »
I agree with almost everything you said in your post Baron :)
:+1

I only stick to official online races, where the races are evenly match.

As I've said in other threads, gt sport may have the bare minimum in cars & cars selection, but is quality over quantity in which gt sports deliverers in.

Offline Mighty Bovine

• VIP Member
  • Moo for me.
  • Origin ID: Beetlejack
  • PSN GamerTag: Dantemoo
  • Steam Tag: Jellybull
  • XBL GamerTag: Mighty Bovine
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 09:22:23 pm »
GT Sport is as generous with its car selection as it is with fun. I want to like it, but it's like being on my 3rd and failed (and never to repeated) driving test.

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 08:19:25 pm »
GT Sport is as generous with its car selection as it is with fun. I want to like it, but it's like being on my 3rd and failed (and never to repeated) driving test.
Don't give up, I'm sure after a while you will reap the rewards from gt sports driving school.