OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: PES 2018 beta/demo release date confirmed  (Read 1213 times)

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
PES 2018 beta/demo release date confirmed
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:51:27 pm »

The PES 2018 Demo is usually a popular launch that allows gamers to try out a limited selection of teams and game modes, and it appears that this year will be a little different.

The PES demo usually comes out before the rival FIFA 18 version and it appears that this year, fans will get to start trying out the game early.

The PES 2018 beta test starts at 8:00am on Thursday, July 20, running until 3:00am on Monday, July 31, and will include these modes:

Modes included:
Quickmatch
Online CO-OP

During an interview with Shacknews, PES representative Adam Bhatti, revealed more on the team’s plans to launch the game’s beta.

This appears to be connected with the online mode and problems with quality when trying to play others around the world. “You have to make sure that everyone can play together consistently,” Bhatti revealed. “The fans do complain that it isn’t consistent for them, so what we’re doing this year, is for 11 days at the end of July, We’re running an open beta.”

It’s unclear if this early PES 2018 demo will serve as the normal one run every year, or will be more of just an online mode testing stage.

The PS4 and Xbox One PES 2018 Demo in July will allow players to try out the new 3v3 mode, or the normal 1v1 mode.

This PES 2018 beta test should result in a better online experience for fans, with Konami pledging that they will send out surveys, collect data and provide a day 1 patch if needed.

The PES 2018 team also spoke more on the rivalry with the FIFA 18 series, commenting on how they were the challengers and needed to stay true to their fanbase.

“Our fans wanted us to take away the guideline for free kicks in the game to make it more difficult,” Bhatti added.  “I think it’s important to make key changes but not to change your DNA, don’t try and change what you are trying to achieve with the game.

“I think for PES it will always be realism, always be player representation. That doesn’t always full in line with things you want to do online.”

“I Think it’s important for everyone to remember that we’re the challenger when it comes to this kind of genre.

“In soccer, you’ve got a huge competitor and for us, we’re here, we have celebrated our 20-year anniversary a few years ago…”

“We’ve got the hardcore community and we can focus on making the game real for them and they really appreciate that.”

PES 2018 is being released on PS4, Xbox One and PC in September and will include full 11-Vs-11 online options, the myClub challenge where players build a team from scratch, as well as the co-operative 2-Vs-2 and 3-Vs-3 modes with support for local guests.

The ‘Random Selection’ match also returns with new content, while the Master League implements pre-season tournaments, a new transfer system and pre-match interviews and an insight to the changing rooms.

Offline NeRvEaGeNt 78

• VIP Member
Re: PES 2018 beta/demo release date confirmed
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 05:08:01 pm »
They promise every year to sort the online, I got right into PES for a while but the fundamental flaws with every aspect of online and the game not working correctly for a few weeks after launch have probably left me sticking to FIFA. A game that works has a lot going for it