OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Sottr Might Be Main Star's Last Go As Lara Croft  (Read 1146 times)

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
Sottr Might Be Main Star's Last Go As Lara Croft
« on: September 19, 2018, 12:59:20 pm »

Camilla Luddington, the actress who portrays Lara Croft in Crystal Dynamics' rebooted Tomb Raider trilogy, has revealed that her time as the iconic video game heroine might be coming to an end. Luddington has provided both the motion capture and the voice of Lara in 2013's Tomb Raider, 2015's Rise of the Tomb Raider, and 2018's Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Luddington said, "When I started, I always knew that it was going to be a trilogy, so that's how I thought of it. So I did leave thinking [Shadow of the Tomb Raider] could possibly be my last journey with Lara. But who knows!"

Luddington describes Shadow of the Tomb Raider as her favorite game in the trilogy, commenting on how her third time as Lara pushed her more emotionally and physically than the previous two games. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is one of Lara's darkest chapters to date, forcing the troubled survivor through the final gauntlet that transforms her into a legendary hero.

Because of the new direction that Crystal Dynamics has taken the franchise, fans have asked for Luddington to consider portraying Lara in a live action role, either in a series or a movie.

The future of the Tomb Raider series is uncertain at this point in time, as there has been no indication by the developers that there will be another Tomb Raider game now that this particular trilogy is complete. Hopefully, we will see more Tomb Raider games in the near future, and based on the success of this trilogy, we hope to see the same Lara Croft with the same type of gameplay.