OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Worth a buy?  (Read 13581 times)

Offline UltraViolet

• Established Member
Re: Worth a buy?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 10:02:08 pm »
has anyone played the three DLC's ?
Do you mean for far cry 5 ?

If so then yes I have played all 3 dlc, as I got the fc5 gold edition.

dlc1 Hours of darkness is - you play a pow set in nam you have to escape the area & reach the rendevous point to escape. about 4 hours
dlc2 Lost on mars, you play a red neck who get transported to mars to stop an alien invasion for coming to earth. about 6-8 hours
dlc3 Dead living zombies - you play a director/screen writter trying to pitch your zomblie flick ideas to a holly exec. 3-4 hours.

I thought the zombie one was going to be my fav of the dlc, but intead it was the least appealing dlc that was the one I enjoyed the most, dlc1 nam.  Also Hurk from the far cry series is in dlc 2.

great info, i can see why the prices are quite low now, i'm glad they are not the same price as the yeti expansion for FC4

Offline Cosquae

• Established Member
  • It's not quite as bad as it may seem.
  • How did you find us?: Online game group.
  • Steam Tag: Cosquae
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 08:20:03 am »
Was thinking about getting FC: New Dawn, but instead picked up FC5 on special offer.

Enjoying it quite a bit, must say.

Whilst the antagonist isn't quite as memorable as FC3, I think I prefer the game overall (especially mission design which was a bit meh in FC3).

Perhaps lacks the atmosphere of FC2, but since New Dawn is set in the same world as FC5, thought I would give it a go.

If anyone wants a co-op game of FC5 (PC), let me know.  Never tried any these games co-op, could be fun.

Offline UltraViolet

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 10:50:49 am »
Was thinking about getting FC: New Dawn, but instead picked up FC5 on special offer.

Enjoying it quite a bit, must say.

Whilst the antagonist isn't quite as memorable as FC3, I think I prefer the game overall (especially mission design which was a bit meh in FC3).

Perhaps lacks the atmosphere of FC2, but since New Dawn is set in the same world as FC5, thought I would give it a go.

If anyone wants a co-op game of FC5 (PC), let me know.  Never tried any these games co-op, could be fun.

i'm enjoying the game as well; going almost directly from FC4 to this i was expecting more of the same really, although i was forgetting how many years ago FC4 was released and everything is improved