OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Watch ‘God of War’ Dev Get Emotional Reading Reviews  (Read 906 times)

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
Watch ‘God of War’ Dev Get Emotional Reading Reviews
« on: April 23, 2018, 01:18:30 pm »
The new “God of War” came out Friday on PlayStation 4. The soft reboot of the action series features protagonist Kratos and his son, Atreus, battling creatures from Norse myth. Word-of-mouth is overwhelmingly positive — it’s currently the highest-rated PlayStation 4 exclusive on Metacritic — and when creative director Cory Barlog reads the reviews, he can’t contain himself.

Barlog posted the moment on YouTube Thursday. “Comfort axe” in hand, he initially stalls. “I am very nervous about seeing this,” he said. “It is a long, long, long time coming. Five years of work has gone into this game, so this moment means a lot.”

Once Barlog sees that “God of War” has a Metacritic score of 93 (it’s now up to 95, as of this writing), he breaks down in tears. “[The score] shouldn’t matter, but I’m just so f—ing proud,” he said. “A lot of people put a lot of work and a lot of faith [into the game]. And I’m just so lucky to work with the people that I work with.”
In the video’s description, Barlog said he debated whether or not to upload the clip. But, he said he wanted his son, Helo, to see it.

“He doesn’t want us to be around when he is sad, opting to run in another room and yell at us if we try to come in,” Barlog wrote. “It has been important to us to let him know that it is OK to be sad, it is OK to cry. There is nothing to hide. I thought I would try to set a good example and show him that papa can cry in front of the world, or at least the 50 people who end up watching this.”