OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Gran Turismo Sport Close To Becoming Best-Selling PS4 Exclusive In The UK  (Read 2579 times)

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare

Gran Turismo Sport has finally been released a few weeks ago, but the game hasn’t been as well received as other entries of the series at launch. Despite the initial difficulties, however, the game is setting out to reach an important goal.

In today’s UK sales charts for the week ending on December 2nd, Gran Turismo Sport is the third best selling game, following Call of Duty WWII and FIFA 18. What’s most interesting, according to GamesIndustry, is that the game is close to becoming the best selling PlayStation 4 exclusive in the UK, which is a huge accomplishment, considering it’s been a great year for PlayStation 4 exclusives with games like Horizon: Zero Dawn and Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy, currently the best selling PS4 exclusive of the year. Price reductions and bundles definitely helped, but it’s still an impressive result.

Offline stonesroses

• Established Member
  • Hello I'm new here (see my profile page)
  • How did you find us?: MVG
  • XBL GamerTag: stonesroses
Re: Gran Turismo Sport Close To Becoming Best-Selling PS4 Exclusive In The UK
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 01:14:54 am »
I loved the demo. Only reason I didn’t pick it up is because I have Forza 7 (also bloody good) which I struggle to get to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NeRvEaGeNt 78

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:12:37 am »
I need to sell my Pro literally never touch it except for Singstar rarely enjoy the offerings exclusive wise and the X is way better multiplat plus I aint paying 50 a year for something I rarely use.  Anyone wants a bargain let us know ill send it to you its pretty much brand new hardly used has a wireless ds4 and one of those fancy xbox shaped wired pads worth 100. Make me an offer ill ship it to you instantly if any oldg wants it.  I would have thought about 225 including the fancy pad and a game or two was fair

Offline Uncle Orbius

• Site Administrator
  • OldG Ambassador
  • Inner Peace.... you goin' down
  • Origin ID: Uncle_Orbius
  • PSN GamerTag: uncle-orbius
  • Steam Tag: Uncle_Orbius
  • Twitch ID: UncleOrbius
  • XBL GamerTag: Uncle Orbius
  • Discord Name: Uncle Orbius#9550
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59:45 am »
It looks nice and I love the way the game puts people of similar ability and how clean they race together, leaving the kids in their own lobby so they can enjoy taking each other out at the first corner (or before).

Shame the content is light and this is an online only game.

I also don't like the menu system, it doesn't look like it's changed much since GT 3&4 days on PS, looks really clunky to me

Offline UltimateKGB

• Forza 7 Time Trial Champion
  • OldG Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 12:33:16 pm »
I need to sell my Pro literally never touch it except for Singstar rarely enjoy the offerings exclusive wise and the X is way better multiplat plus I aint paying 50 a year for something I rarely use.  Anyone wants a bargain let us know ill send it to you its pretty much brand new hardly used has a wireless ds4 and one of those fancy xbox shaped wired pads worth 100. Make me an offer ill ship it to you instantly if any oldg wants it.  I would have thought about 225 including the fancy pad and a game or two was fair
Defo a fair price (I’m not interested)

Offline UltimateKGB

• Forza 7 Time Trial Champion
  • OldG Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 12:34:41 pm »
Got this with psvr but haven’t tested.  Last one I played was 5 I think and found it dull but will give this a try at some point.  Always felt forza was better.

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 01:30:56 pm »
I brought this on a a Black Friday deal for £18

I was about to buy Forza 7 for £22 on an Amazon black Friday lightning deal, until I saw Gran Turismo Sport on a black Friday going for £18, plus the fact that GT sports was £4 cheaper then Forza 7.

I'm glad I brought GT sports as its's a refreshing change from forza ms.