OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Ideas for Xbox Game nights?  (Read 15354 times)

Offline detski

• Xbox Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • OldG Legend
  • I'm getting too old for this sh*t
  • How did you find us?: UK Xbox forum
  • XBL GamerTag: detski
Ideas for Xbox Game nights?
« on: March 28, 2017, 12:51:21 pm »
As it's a bit quiet in the Xbox Game Nights section, I thought it might be worth asking what games would you want a night on?

Something older and forgotten? I know Sharky mentioned to me about doing that last Horde map on Zombie Army Trilogy (currently on sale for £8:00) recently for example. I know I'd be up for that.

Something you'd like to play in co-op? A partner for Gears 4 campaign? A crew for Ghost Recon? A squad for Rainbow 6? Someone to play through Borderlands with?

An example that isn't a shooter?  :P

A game on 360, backwards compatible or not? I know some members have 360's still.

Please remember that all members can post up a game night, so don't hesitate to create one if there's something you want to play. Not sure how to do that?

check here

Any thoughts or suggestions, post them below...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:43:56 pm by detski »

Offline Casey

• PSN GamerTag: EldritchCasey
  • XBL GamerTag: BlackstarMC1
Re: Ideas for Xbox Game nights?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 05:15:28 pm »
I would still like to play Warhammer - Vermintide. This was on offer recently, did anyone buy? On a similar note LFD2 on backwards compatability. However I did try this with a friend recently but he kept getting kicked. Rocket league could be a laugh, I haven't played this for ages. Star Wars Battlefront. Other then these I would be happy for more Overwatch and / or Battlefield nights. I need to get back into Titanfall as well!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Offline ArchivalSteak37

• Respected Member
  • Reviving Detski since March 17
  • XBL GamerTag: ArchivalSteak37
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 06:01:52 pm »
Do I see Overwatch....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stonesroses

• Established Member
  • Hello I'm new here (see my profile page)
  • How did you find us?: MVG
  • XBL GamerTag: stonesroses
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 07:19:07 pm »
I would still like to play Warhammer - Vermintide. This was on offer recently, did anyone buy? On a similar note LFD2 on backwards compatability. However I did try this with a friend recently but he kept getting kicked. Rocket league could be a laugh, I haven't played this for ages. Star Wars Battlefront. Other then these I would be happy for more Overwatch and / or Battlefield nights. I need to get back into Titanfall as well!

As much as I hate to agree with the farmer, left for dead is a bloody good shout. Either that or rainbow six seize which is good.

If there was bingo available on the Xbox I would have gone for that with my own little twist, but sadly there is not.

Offline detski

• Xbox Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • OldG Legend
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 09:21:03 pm »
Casey Bob.

I put up a thread the week Warhammer was on sale and after we spoke about it, but there seemed to be no interest. A shame as I think that game would make a great Oldg game night. I would be willing to grab that if you want to play, but would that leave us with two randoms?

LFD2 is a good call. We used to have a few game nights on that, I actually picked it up just for some Oldg evenings and despite getting my ass kicked it was good fun!

Rocket league and Battlefront could be arranged too. Cheers for the suggestions.

I'll put up Overwatch nights, I was surprised how quickly the 6th filled up. Expired puts up Battlefield 1 nights, but they get low numbers. Want to join his next session?

Steak Smithy

Overwatch was a weekly Thursday event for a while, and always a good laugh. As said above, after some weeks of low interest I was surprised how quick the event on the 6th filled up. Happy to post more nights up!

Stonesroses

LFD2 - see above. Rainbow 6 is also a good call, it's a great game.
Bingo, naked or otherwise will never ever be a game night. Ever. And your Kinect should be confiscated for the safety of the public. ;D

Cheers guys. Anyone have any more suggestions? Keep 'em coming...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:22:01 pm by detski »

Offline ArchivalSteak37

• Respected Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 09:30:21 pm »
I'm easy, my game library is low at the moment, but if people start playing something regularly, I'll pick the game up (not Destiny or Division.... the grind was too much on PS4 and I don't have nearly enough alcohol to keep my mind numbed to do it all again)

Offline evilsunming

• If all else fails, shoot Detski.
  • How did you find us?: On internet
  • XBL GamerTag: evilsunming
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 10:27:22 pm »
I would be up for some zombie army trilogy in any game mode.

Could also be persuaded with vermin tide, as it looked interesting.

Overwatch is always good.  ;D

Offline Casey

• PSN GamerTag: EldritchCasey
  • XBL GamerTag: BlackstarMC1
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 10:45:00 pm »
Well if anyone gets Vermintide let me know. I also bought Zombie Army Trilogy but story of my life barely touched. I would be happy to start from scratch on this. I will join Expired on Battlefield but not sure why there is such low interest.

Offline detski

• Xbox Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • OldG Legend
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 10:47:12 pm »
I would be up for some zombie army trilogy in any game mode.

Could also be persuaded with vermin tide, as it looked interesting.

Overwatch is always good.  ;D

Nice one evil. Does anyone else have Zombie Army Trilogy? Great game in co-op, campaign or horde mode. On sale this week! *cough, Steak*
Sharky, where you at? :)

Evil, if I get Vermintide, would you pick it up too? That would make 3 with Casey Bob.

Overwatch is looking like a definite game night. Noice!

Casey Bob, I'll join you & Expired on BF1 if you sign up.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:49:11 pm by detski »

Offline evilsunming

• If all else fails, shoot Detski.
  • How did you find us?: On internet
  • XBL GamerTag: evilsunming
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 12:12:05 am »
Detski,

I have ordered vermintide so let's make it Happen.  ;D

Offline stonesroses

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 12:35:44 am »
Casey Bob.

I put up a thread the week Warhammer was on sale and after we spoke about it, but there seemed to be no interest. A shame as I think that game would make a great Oldg game night. I would be willing to grab that if you want to play, but would that leave us with two randoms?

LFD2 is a good call. We used to have a few game nights on that, I actually picked it up just for some Oldg evenings and despite getting my ass kicked it was good fun!

Rocket league and Battlefront could be arranged too. Cheers for the suggestions.

I'll put up Overwatch nights, I was surprised how quickly the 6th filled up. Expired puts up Battlefield 1 nights, but they get low numbers. Want to join his next session?

Steak Smithy

Overwatch was a weekly Thursday event for a while, and always a good laugh. As said above, after some weeks of low interest I was surprised how quick the event on the 6th filled up. Happy to post more nights up!

Stonesroses

LFD2 - see above. Rainbow 6 is also a good call, it's a great game.
Bingo, naked or otherwise will never ever be a game night. Ever. And your Kinect should be confiscated for the safety of the public. ;D

Cheers guys. Anyone have any more suggestions? Keep 'em coming...
Here's one for you if you could get the players. NHL 17 on team mode. Bloody brilliant fun, it's five v five i think. It plays a bit like a modern day Speedball for those of you who remember that.

The good thing is I suspect nobody really plays it on here so everyone would be as Shite as each other.

Offline ArchivalSteak37

• Respected Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 06:19:12 am »
Just picked up Zombie Army Trilogy, just need to download it (£8 is a bargain)

Offline stonesroses

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 07:07:12 am »
Just picked up Zombie Army Trilogy, just need to download it (£8 is a bargain)

Same here. Bit of a bargain that.

Offline detski

• Xbox Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • OldG Legend
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 10:26:00 am »
Great responses guys, thanks.  8)

Detski,

I have ordered Vermintide so let's make it Happen.  ;D

Deal. I should have my copy tomorrow.
There you go Bob, let's get a Vermintide night sorted.  ;)  I'll put up a thread and between us we can sort a day/date we are all available to play. It can be run weekly if everyone is up for that? 

There's room for another player as it's four player co-op! It's very Left For Dead style gameplay, so a full team communicating would be great.

Zombie Army Trilogy - As above I'll put up a separate thread and we can find a day we are available to play. I love me some zombie sniping.  ;D

stonesroses - NHL 17 is not a bad idea, I actually downloaded it (maybe it was NHL 16?) from EA Access because another forum member recommended the arcade mode as good fun even if you don't really like hockey (that's me). He compared it to the hockey game on the Sega Mega Drive, which convinced me to at least try it. I like the comparison to Speedball, that takes me back..

The problem with NHL is getting enough players. Although it's available on EA Access, how many people actually have this?

Cheers guys, that's two game nights with potentially weeks of gameplay sorted from your suggestions already. Particularly impressive that games were purchased based on our discussion.

Any more suggestions? Anyone else have an idea? Please keep them coming..

Offline drift123

• Established Member
  • XBL GamerTag: DRIFT79
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 01:08:27 pm »
Id put a night up but not to sure on how to do it as cant even put a card up on my profile.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk