OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: They can stick their 'Destiny 3' - I've had enough  (Read 240 times)

Offline Uncle Orbius

• Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Inner Peace.... you goin' down
  • Origin ID: Uncle_Orbius
  • PSN GamerTag: uncle-orbius
  • Steam Tag: Uncle_Orbius
  • Twitch ID: UncleOrbius
  • XBL GamerTag: Uncle Orbius
They can stick their 'Destiny 3' - I've had enough
« on: November 22, 2018, 11:34:43 am »
For whatever reason, perhaps the marketing hype and jargon, but I was convinced the digital Destiny 2+expansion pass included Forsaken DLC, but not according to my Microsoft account when I checked this morning. It only included Curse of Osirus and Warmind, both have been widely acknowledge by the gaming community to be very underwhelming.... and short on content, which I agree with.

There is no way on God's green Earth that I am going to cough up for Foresaken DLC + ongoing game pass costs.

I really thought after all the shit gamers went through with the original Destiny, after all the hype and promises of D1, after gamers got burned with D1 and following DLC, it seemed that Bungie learned lessons from the poor feedback with a strong showing in the form of 'The Taken King' DLC, from that I was convinced it was a safe bet to pre-order Destiny 2 + future DLC, after all, they told us it was going to be really good  ::)

So now I shall be uninstalling Destiny 2 when I next get on my Xbox.

This just reinforces my decision never to pre-order any game going forward. 

Goodbye Destiny and F*ck you Bungie

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 02:48:16 pm by Uncle Orbius »

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
Re: They can stick their 'Destiny 3' - I've had enough
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 12:15:47 pm »
That's the spirit old Orbius, I was going to buy the Destiny 2: The Forsaken Legendary Collection Limited Edition for £21 on Amazon, but then I thought nah.

If it makes you feel any better Orbius, I brought Fallout 76 for £48, now you can buy it for £35 at simply games or get the steelbook edition for £37 at shopto.net

Offline UltimateKGB

• Respected Member
  • Hello I'm new here (see my profile page)
  • PSN GamerTag: UltimateKGB
  • XBL GamerTag: UltimateKGB
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 12:21:06 pm »
For whatever reason, perhaps the marketing hype and jargon, but I was convinced the digital Destiny 2+expansion pass included Forsaken DLC, but not according to my Microsoft account when I checked this morning. It only included Curse of Osirus and Warmind, both have been widely acknowledge by the gaming community to be very underwhelming.... and short on content, which I agree with.

There is no way on God's green Earth that I am going to cough up for Foresaken DLC + ongoing game pass costs.

I really thought after all the shit gamers went through with the original Destiny, after all the hype and promises of D1, and gamers got burned, that they seemed to sort their shit out with the release of 'The Taken King', so I was convinced it was a safe bet pre-ordering and paying for D2 + future DLC, after all, they told us it was going to be really good  ::)

I shall be uninstalling Destiny 2 when I next get on my Xbox.

This just reinforces my decision never to pre-order. 

Goodbye Destiny and F*ck you Bungie
No and the cost of the new dlc is so expensive it is stupid. I like you thought they would have sorted them selves out and pre ordered destiny 2 then bought the season pass separately and not played anywhere near the amount I played the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline evilsunming

• If all else fails, shoot Detski.
  • XBL GamerTag: evilsunming
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 03:01:44 pm »
Complete repeat of destiny 1. They passed me off then and they did the same this time round. The difference is I bought the special edition first time round and got nothing from it, so I only bought the standard game for no.2 and I'm glad I did.

Offline OldG Neurotic

• Grumpy Old Git Club
  • I'll be glad when it's all over!
  • PSN GamerTag: stish704
  • XBL GamerTag: NeuroticAlias
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 06:48:24 pm »
My interest in destiny diminished a long while ago. Got 2 but didn’t get any dlc. Load of repetitive shit!
Don't take things to seriously,laugh and the world laughs with you!

Now that's a better number!

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 06:55:45 pm »
Complete repeat of destiny 1. They passed me off then and they did the same this time round. The difference is I bought the special edition first time round and got nothing from it, so I only bought the standard game for no.2 and I'm glad I did.
:+1

Offline Expired One

• PC Gamer
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
    • Expired One YouTube Channel
  • PSN GamerTag: Expired One
  • XBL GamerTag: Expired One
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 08:56:06 am »

Offline PorkCrackling

• Respected Member
  • WoT loser
  • Origin ID: Porkcrackling
  • Steam Tag: porkcrackling8
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 02:31:07 pm »
So, everyone's mileage will vary, but I have and still do very much enjoy Destiny 2. I do think its overpriced, and don't necessarily agree with the cost structure, but I have definitely had value for money (but I could have had even more...).

There is a vast amount of content there now, and anyone joining for the first time will get a heck of a lot for their cash. Especially if, like me, you do not have burn out from D1.

Having said which, I think the problem is more the gaming industry as a whole. Look at D2, then add No Mans Sky, all EA titles, probably Fallout76, the list goes on. It now seems acceptable to release half a game, probably full of bugs, and then ask people to pay over and over again for small pieces of content to flesh out the game and fix the problems.

Not really sure what my point is other than that D2 is not the exception here. The whole model is broken if you ask me!

Don't know what to do about it though...

Paul.

Offline UltimateKGB

• Respected Member
  • Hello I'm new here (see my profile page)
  • PSN GamerTag: UltimateKGB
  • XBL GamerTag: UltimateKGB
They can stick their 'Destiny 3' - I've had enough
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 06:36:42 pm »
So, everyone's mileage will vary, but I have and still do very much enjoy Destiny 2. I do think its overpriced, and don't necessarily agree with the cost structure, but I have definitely had value for money (but I could have had even more...).

There is a vast amount of content there now, and anyone joining for the first time will get a heck of a lot for their cash. Especially if, like me, you do not have burn out from D1.

Having said which, I think the problem is more the gaming industry as a whole. Look at D2, then add No Mans Sky, all EA titles, probably Fallout76, the list goes on. It now seems acceptable to release half a game, probably full of bugs, and then ask people to pay over and over again for small pieces of content to flesh out the game and fix the problems.

Not really sure what my point is other than that D2 is not the exception here. The whole model is broken if you ask me!

Don't know what to do about it though...

Paul.

For me the base game was fine it was the 2 first expansions that should have cost no more than £8 each most.  Then the stupid amount for what might be a good slice of DLC and god only knows what the bits in the annual pass will be.

I would probably have paid £25-30 for forsaken and annual pass but no more.

for me destiny still has the best shooting mechanics out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 08:29:24 pm by UltimateKGB »