OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: OldGamerz Switch Owners  (Read 731 times)

Offline UltimateKGB

• Respected Member
  • Hello I'm new here (see my profile page)
  • PSN GamerTag: UltimateKGB
  • XBL GamerTag: UltimateKGB
Re: OldGamerz Switch Owners
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 08:57:37 am »
To be honest the online on Switch is rather poor. I’m glad I only paid £4 for a year. For example, you cannot message anyone on your friends list. It’s 2019 you know Nintendo. Chat is through an app on your phone not through the console which is pointless for me as I already use the Switch with headphones so cannot plus them into my phone too. Even if I could it’s just too much hassle.

I think the Switch is great but I don’t think Nintendo should be charging for online yet. Splitting the cost with the family membership is the only decent option in my opinion.
They have never really been great at online gave they. I mean friend codes.. cmon.
I believe that the phone app used to be a thing before the online service came online - but didnt require a subscription. Now it does I think - which is just madness.

Dont think I have actually played it online at all - though I have the sub. Played some of the NES games you get with that - but this is another thing. Why just NES games ? :S
The switch and the Virtual Console would be a brill combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline UltraViolet

• keen poster
  • The Thinker Knows...
  • PSN GamerTag: ultravioletblade
  • Steam Tag: U-V
  • Twitch ID: ultravio1et
  • XBL GamerTag: uv1
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 09:42:50 pm »
heres my friend code if anyones interrested: SW-5268-6793-8688

Offline Casey

• Established Member
  • PSN GamerTag: EldritchCasey
  • XBL GamerTag: BlackstarMC1
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 09:47:25 pm »
I'll try to remember to add you provided I can get my son off Let's go Pokemon!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline stonesroses

• Established Member
  • XBL GamerTag: stonesroses
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 06:04:27 pm »

We are getting the switch back for my boy in March.

Why are there two of these Pokemon games?

Offline UltimateKGB

• Respected Member
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 06:06:39 pm »

We are getting the switch back for my boy in March.

Why are there two of these Pokemon games?

Are they any good. Never played a Pokemon game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Casey

• Established Member
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 07:58:30 pm »
There are a couple of differences between the two but essentially the same game:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/15/18096952/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-vs-eevee-what-to-buy

Pokemon games are good and not just for kids. This game is possibly a bit simpler and more streamlined then some of the other earlier generations. I believe there may be a proper new gen Pokemon game out on Switch later this year.

Offline ReddFour

• Established Member
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2019, 10:25:48 pm »
Well I actually ended up selling mine. Handheld suited me perfectly but Nintendo games are just not my thing and there just wasn't enough third party ones that I was interest in to bother keeping it. I'm just not into Nintendo games or all the other "cartoony" stuff that the Switch seems to attract.

I got a graphics card for my PC after realising I can stream to my tablet. I'd probably never have got a Switch if I had realised that. However I'm 50/50 whether that was a good idea. I hate the tinkering to get the best performance for each game and, for example, trying to get Anthem (which was free with the card) to play without stuttering has just wasted too much of my very precious free time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:07:32 pm by ReddFour »

Offline UltraViolet

• keen poster
  • The Thinker Knows...
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 09:15:06 pm »
Well I actually ended up selling mine. Handheld suited me perfectly but Nintendo games are just not my thing and there just wasn't enough third party ones that I was interest in to bother keeping it. I'm just not into Nintendo games or all the other "cartoony" stuff that the Switch seems to attract.

I got a graphics card for my PC after realising I can stream to my tablet. I'd probably never have got a Switch if I had realised that. However I'm 50/50 whether that was a good idea. I hate the tinkering to get the best performance for each game and, for example, trying to get Anthem (which was free with the card) to play without stuttering has just wasted too much of my very precious free time.

i think it all depends vastly on what type of games you want to play on the system [Switch] i too don't like nintendo games, although i can see how amazing titles like mario odyssey are they are just not my bag. i haven't felt theres a lack of games for me to play; but i quite like shoot'em ups and twin-stick shooters which the system has loads of, but i wouldn't buy Doom or Wolfenstein for it [although the conversions are both execellent] 

which reminds me, Assault Android Cactus+ is out in a few days time!

Offline Casey

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 10:05:56 pm »

i think it all depends vastly on what type of games you want to play on the system [Switch] i too don't like nintendo games, although i can see how amazing titles like mario odyssey are they are just not my bag. i haven't felt theres a lack of games for me to play; but i quite like shoot'em ups and twin-stick shooters which the system has loads of, but i wouldn't buy Doom or Wolfenstein for it [although the conversions are both execellent] 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-28-devil-engine-review-an-assured-satisfying-shmup-for-switch

Is this your cup of tea?

Offline UltimateKGB

• Respected Member
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2019, 10:07:09 pm »
I’m liking it for the proper retro stuff

Offline ReddFour

• Established Member
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 08:15:47 am »
@casey no I’m not into shootem ups. I tried a few 2d platforms which I liked for a bit due to the nostalgia but in the end tired of. I like racing games and rpgs. One thing I didn’t realise was the switch doesn’t have analogue triggers which means racing games are pointless in my opinion.

So for me, great hardware but not enough games. Even those I did like just felt restrictive. For example, Warframe. Trying to read the tiny text on that screen gave me headaches.

Offline UltimateKGB

• Respected Member
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 08:54:39 am »
@casey no I’m not into shootem ups. I tried a few 2d platforms which I liked for a bit due to the nostalgia but in the end tired of. I like racing games and rpgs. One thing I didn’t realise was the switch doesn’t have analogue triggers which means racing games are pointless in my opinion.

So for me, great hardware but not enough games. Even those I did like just felt restrictive. For example, Warframe. Trying to read the tiny text on that screen gave me headaches.
Totally agree about the analogue triggers. Something like trials would have been brill on the switch but I don’t want to spend time leaning a new control method.

Offline UltraViolet

• keen poster
  • The Thinker Knows...
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2019, 01:53:39 am »

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-28-devil-engine-review-an-assured-satisfying-shmup-for-switch

Is this your cup of tea?

yeah it is, although i'm waiting for it to go on sale as i think its a bit steep at the moment, the game its primarily based on is also in the store as well; Thunderforce 4