OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Double XP live this weekend in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4  (Read 149 times)

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
Double XP live this weekend in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
« on: January 25, 2019, 03:04:18 pm »
Treyarch has announced a Double XP event for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Multiplayer this weekend.

Starting Friday, January 25th at 6PM UK, Treyarch is activating Double XP and Double Weapon XP in MP on all platforms. The Double XP will end on Monday, January 28th at 6PM UK.

It has been a while since Treyarch has activated Double XP for MP players, so now’s the chance to get in on the action while it’s live!

Offline stonesroses

• Established Member
  • Hello I'm new here (see my profile page)
  • XBL GamerTag: stonesroses
Re: Double XP live this weekend in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 01:32:02 am »
Couldn’t even load my disc copy of this up tonight.

Is that a common thing with this game on busy weekends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 12:49:10 pm »
Couldn’t even load my disc copy of this up tonight.
Could be the disc or drive ?

As my xbox drive wont read disc when unless I wait for the drive to make a screaming noise before I let go of the disc.

Is that a common thing with this game on busy weekends?
Sometimes it happens in every cod game, escspally when theres a double xp weekend. 

Offline stonesroses

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 10:26:55 pm »
Had to reinstall it so dunno what the problem was.

Can you explain zombie mode to me? Been playing it and really enjoy it on blops 4 and ww2.

Does it ever end or do the waves just keep going until you die?

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 11:39:13 am »

Can you explain zombie mode to me? Been playing it and really enjoy it on blops 4 and ww2.

Like you said "the waves just keep going on untill you die".  Which I find pointeless at least in Gears of War Horde mode you had to last till 50 waves/round when it finshed.

They recently introduce "gauntlets mode" in zombies.

quote from tryarch

We’re excited to debut Gauntlets in Zombies starting with “Unsinkable” in Voyage of Despair! Gauntlets in Zombies are endlessly-replayable, 30-round challenges with unique rules governing gameplay in each round. Players earn medals and tiered rewards for completing rounds 10, 20, and 30, as well as a unique reward to adorn your Emblem for completing round 30 without failing a round. Sound easy? Think again.

The rules of engagement change each round, including weapon restrictions, area defense challenges, health-drain modifiers, time limitations, and much more. You and your crew will earn a Strike by failing a round, and after three Strikes, it’s game over. Mastering all 30 rounds will test the skills of even the most seasoned veterans, and only the best zombie killers will conquer an entire Gauntlet with zero Strikes.

Offline stonesroses

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 01:26:50 pm »

Like you said "the waves just keep going on untill you die".  Which I find pointeless at least in Gears of War Horde mode you had to last till 50 waves/round when it finshed.

They recently introduce "gauntlets mode" in zombies.

quote from tryarch

We’re excited to debut Gauntlets in Zombies starting with “Unsinkable” in Voyage of Despair! Gauntlets in Zombies are endlessly-replayable, 30-round challenges with unique rules governing gameplay in each round. Players earn medals and tiered rewards for completing rounds 10, 20, and 30, as well as a unique reward to adorn your Emblem for completing round 30 without failing a round. Sound easy? Think again.

The rules of engagement change each round, including weapon restrictions, area defense challenges, health-drain modifiers, time limitations, and much more. You and your crew will earn a Strike by failing a round, and after three Strikes, it’s game over. Mastering all 30 rounds will test the skills of even the most seasoned veterans, and only the best zombie killers will conquer an entire Gauntlet with zero Strikes.

That sounds a bit better.

Really enjoy the zombies but I do struggle with the whole no ending thing.

I was looking online and each of the maps have an Easter egg to complete. Looks bloody complicated by the looks of the titanic one.