OldGamerz
Follow Oldgamerz
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered Reportedly Coming Next Year  (Read 1755 times)

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered Reportedly Coming Next Year
« on: September 26, 2020, 12:47:12 pm »

The rumored Mass Effect Trilogy remastered bundle, supposedly known as the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, will launch in early 2021 instead of this October.

This is according to a GamesBeat report that claims "people familiar with the development" said developer BioWare and publisher Electronic Arts are holding off releasing the bundle because of the original game. Mass Effect, according to GamesBeat's sources, currently doesn't "live up to the quality of the rest of the package." They go on to say that based on the graphical and gameplay differences between Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, releasing the bundle without paying ample attention to the original game's mechanics and visuals would "make a poor first impression for new players."

Neither BioWare nor EA have publicly commented on the matter.

GamesBeat also reports that EA has no plans to include the multiplayer from Mass Effect 3 into this remastered trilogy.

However, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition will reportedly include all the DLC for the three included Mass Effect games, giving new and returning players the full experience of the first three titles.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition was spotted earlier this month via a Portuguese game retailer listing. Though the post has been taken down, it suggested that the remastered trilogy will launch on Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The bundle will include remasters of the first three games and excludes the last entry in the Mass Effect franchise, Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Offline UltimateKGB

• Forza 7 Time Trial Champion
  • OldG Legend
  • Hello I'm new here (see my profile page)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 10:24:41 pm »
Looking forward to these probably more than anything else due out.

One concern is that they will change the originals combat to be more like the second. It is not that I have a issue with 2 and 3s combat but they are RPGs and the first one had the combat more like a RPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Casey

• VIP Member
Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered Reportedly Coming Next Year
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 10:55:46 pm »
I would definitely consider this for the right price. You are probably getting 200 hours game play for the price of say Spiderman remastered (maybe with Spiderman MM expansion pack included). Also I don't think it's a  quick cash grab as the original came out in what 2007?
 If I was being sensible however I should wait for it to go in EA access though. Included with Game Pass Ultimate if I remember rightly

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline UltimateKGB

• OldG Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 10:57:45 pm »
I would definitely consider this for the right price. You are probably getting 200 hours game play for the price of say Spiderman remastered (maybe with Spiderman MM expansion pack included). Also I don't think it's a  quick cash grab as the original came out in what 2007?
 If I was being sensible however I should wait for it to go in EA access though. Included with Game Pass Ultimate if I remember rightly

Yes soon will be UGP and for the massive price of £1 for 3 years (at least for me).

Offline Casey

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 11:00:38 pm »

Yes soon will be UGP and for the massive price of £1 for 3 years (at least for me).

You will have to tell me your tricks for getting GPU so cheap. I'm starting to think it's not consumer friendly

Offline Casey

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 12:56:01 am »

It’s not free then. Damn!
Thanks for clarifying buddy.

I’m sure you have your reasons, but I’m struggling to understand why you’re comparing Mass Effect to Spider-Man. 

Peace. 
Yes you are right sorry. Maybe Demon's Souls would be a better comparison. We are expected to pay £70 for a polished version of a niche 2009 game.
 Not sure why you asked if the remastered version of ME would be free tbh .

Offline UltimateKGB

• OldG Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 01:21:20 am »

I’m sure you have your reasons, but I’m struggling to understand why you’re comparing Mass Effect to Spider-Man. 

Peace. 
Yes you are right sorry. Maybe Demon's Souls would be a better comparison. We are expected to pay £70 for a polished version of a niche 2009 game.

It is probably a better comparison to Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 that is getting a free upgrade

Offline UltimateKGB

• OldG Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 01:24:30 am »

Peace. 

It is probably a better comparison to Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 that is getting a free upgrade

Sorry maybe not. As PS doesn’t do upgrades even a little upgrade is classed as a major upgrade.

Offline UltimateKGB

• OldG Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 09:39:19 am »

Peace. 

Sorry maybe not. As PS doesn’t do upgrades even a little upgrade is classed as a major upgrade.

Just reread that.  To clarify this is not a dig at Sony. As Sony only make games for PS any upgrade is potentially a bigger upgrade work wise whereas MS make games for PC so the upgrade is already done so they are basically turning on the upgrades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Uncle Orbius

• Site Administrator
  • OldG Ambassador
  • Inner Peace.... you goin' down
  • Origin ID: Uncle_Orbius
  • PSN GamerTag: uncle-orbius
  • Steam Tag: Uncle_Orbius
  • Twitch ID: UncleOrbius
  • XBL GamerTag: Uncle Orbius
  • Discord Name: Uncle Orbius#9550
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 09:51:52 am »
I'd be interested in a remastered trilogy. The combat is defo a secondary concern, it was the story that drew me in.

Offline nad2dare

• Site Administrator
  • Grumpy Old Git Club
  • Origin ID: nad2dare
  • PSN GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Steam Tag: nad2dare
  • XBL GamerTag: nad2dare
  • Discord Name: nad2dare
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 11:55:42 am »
I'll buy it whenever it's released.  My local cex still sells the ps3 triolgy edition for £40.

I own mass effect on xbox/360/ps3/pc format, eventhough I have never played them on pc or ps3. All my playthroughs have been on xb360, which is a lot of time spent in the me universe. 

I've only complteted me3 once, but that was when the original game was launched with the original ending.  I still have not played me andromeda.

Offline UltimateKGB

• OldG Legend
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 12:00:06 pm »
I'll buy it whenever it's released.  My local cex still sells the ps3 triolgy edition for £40.

I own mass effect on xbox/360/ps3/pc format, eventhough I have never played them on pc or ps3. All my playthroughs have been on xb360, which is a lot of time spent in the me universe. 

I've only complteted me3 once, but that was when the original game was launched with the original ending.  I still have not played me andromeda.

Andromeda is okay but nowhere near the quality of the originals.

Offline Casey

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 01:09:47 pm »

Peace. 

Quality comes at a price Sir. 

If you think £70 is too expensive for a totally remastered next-gen game, then don’t buy. 
I’ll happily pay this one-off price to OWN a game I know I’ll be dipping in and out of for years to come. 
Should I get a PS5 Demons would be a must buy However I would buy the disc, and trade once completed. I figure it's better to shop around then being locked into Sonys digital store. The savings I make will more then pay for the disc based console.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 01:32:35 pm by Casey »

Offline UltimateKGB

• OldG Legend
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2020, 01:11:32 pm »

Peace. 

Quality comes at a price Sir. 

If you think £70 is too expensive for a totally remastered next-gen game, then don’t buy. 
I’ll happily pay this one-off price to OWN a game I know I’ll be dipping in and out of for years to come. 
Should I get a PS5 Demons would be a must buy

I am getting so by the time you get it will probably only take you a couple of hours to catch up then help me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk